All Permits

Burn Permit

A burn permit is required for any open air fire in Smith Town. Open burning season is January 15 through May 1.

On days that you are burning, you must activate your burn by logging into the portal.

Weather conditions, lack of rain and moisture, wind and other factors may suspend the granting of an authorization to begin burning at any time. IF conditions do not allow for open burning, you will be unable to activate your burn.

get this permit

Yard Waste Permit

A Yard Waste Permit is required for using the Merrimac Yard Waste site to dispose of brush for all Merrimac residents and business owners. With a Yard Waste Permit you have unlimited access to brush disposal when the site is open.

Yard Waste includes: Grass, clippings, leaves, and brush.

There are three tiers of Yard Waste Permit:

  • General Public $50/year per vehicle
  • Seniors (70+) $20/year per vehicle
  • Commercial Disposal $500/year per vehicle

Upon permit approval, the permit must be printed and placed in the vehicle windshield so that the license plate number is visible. The license plate number on the permit must match that of the vehicle or you will be denied entry.

Yard Waste Site Location: The Yard Waste disposal site is located on Battis Road. Take Church Street which becomes Highland Road, and Battis Road is the last left just before the New Hampshire border.

Hours/Days of Site Operation: Fridays and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. from April 9 through November 27

get this permit